Bhutan Cultural Tour
Duration: 5 Nights / 6 Days
Day 01 Arrive PARO
Arrive at the Druk Air check in counter, International Airport, 2 hours prior to departure time.
Fly into Paro Bhutan. As you start approaching Bhutan, you can see breathtaking views of the Great Himalayas on this flight. Arrive Paro where you will be welcomed to the Kingdom by your guide.
After 15-20 minutes drive from the airport you'll reach your hotel. Check in to the Hotel. Overnight Paro.
Day 02 EXCURSION TO TAKTSANG MONASTERY (B)
Hike to Taktsang Monastery. Taktsang, meaning "Tiger's nest," is built around a cave in which Guru Rimpoche (Padmasambhawa) mediated, clings seemingly impossible to a cliff of rock at 3,000 feet above the valley floor. For the local people it is a place of pilgrimage, but for a tourist, a hike up to the monastery is exhausting, thrilling and mystical. The legend has it that Guru Rimpoche is said to have flown to the site of the monastery on the back of a tigress from Tibet and meditated in the cave there for three months.
Later, transfer to Thimphu.
The drive from Paro to Thimphu is spectacularly scenic with magnificent Monasteries and Stupas in the valleys and mountain tops. Experience the "Last Buddhist Himalayan Kingdom" on Earth and take precious memories back home. Check in to your hotel for Overnight at Thimphu.
Day 03 THIMPHU (B)
Full day sightseeing. Some of the highlights of Thimphu includes:
- Weekend market.
- Purchase world's most beautiful postage stamps from General Post Office
- Arts and Crafts school and the Traditional Medicine Institute.
- Memorial Chorten built in memory of Late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck, popularly known as the Father of Modern Bhutan. A multi-storied stupa that will introduce you to the vitality of Tantric Buddhism.
- Observe traditional paper making from Daphnia and Edgeworthia
- Visit Botanical garden (Zoo) where one can see Yak and Takin, the National wild animal of Bhutan.
- Drive up to viewpoint and take a hike beyond to see the clear picture of Thimphu Valley.
- Downtown Thimphu on foot visiting Handicrafts Emporium and other Arts & Crafts stores. Buy stunning kiras which can be used and bed covers or wall decoration, jewelry and many more. Overnight Thimphu.
Day 04 THIMPHU – PUNAKHA – WANGDI - THIMPHU (B)
Full Day Sightseeing trip to Punakha and Wangdi Towns. Punakha was the old capital of Bhutan and it is still the winter residence of Central Monastic Body. Punakha Dzong is the most Magnificent and Largest Dzong in Bhutan.
Return to Thimphu for Overnight.
Day 05 THIMPHU – PARO (B)
Morning, time at leisure to explore around Thimphu town on your own or relax in the hotel. Afternoon, transfer to Paro for Overnight.
Day 06 (Monday) PARO/DELHI (B)
After breakfast, transfer to Paro Airport for your departure flight. Tashi Delek!!!
Price per person per night in USD
Price is inclusive of following services
|01 - person||290||
|02 - persons||280|
|03 - persons||270|
|04 - person & above||250|